Existing Member?

Carl and Beccy Haines Carl and Beccy Haines are off for a whole year to travel the world!

We LOVE Japan

JAPAN | Sunday, 4 November 2007 | Views [387] | Comments [2]

Well..so far we have had an amazing time in Japan!  We're struggling a bit with the language, and also the flipping japanese symbols on the keyboard which means we can never find the 'at' key and therefore can't use hotmail at present but anyhoo..

Day 2-3 saw us visit the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo which was smelly but not of the fishy kind.... there are loads of petrol powered delivery carts which whizz around and emit an pretty powerful petrol smell... so safe to say we didn't eat sushi at 0830 like planned!  We then wandered along the 'Bond St' of Tokyo, Ginza, where we used the facilities in the Apple shop to research our next hostel!  In the evening we went to Roppongi and had an amazing udon meal and a few beers....

Day 4 saw us check out of the Oak Hotel and travel by bullet train to Kyoto where we had a wander and ate some amazing Ebi Katsu and Tonkatsu with rice, cabbage and miso soup...  We're staying in a Guest Inn on tatami mats and futon beds...very comfortable.

Today (Sat) saw us visit the largest temple in Kyoto and also a Zen garden where we ate our sushi lunch and also watched the biggest koy carp have theirs! Then we went to Gion for the night Geisha spotting.. no joy there.  Had a nice chinese meal and here I am now at 2220 trying to work the flipping internet!

Love to you all...we're checking out of the Chita Guest Inn tomorrow and on to the Kyoto Backpackers House for 4 nights before returning to Tokyo and then Hong Kong... B and C xxx 

Tags: Tokyo to Kyoto

Comments

1

Wow all sounds amazing!

Do you feel like oafs because the Japaneese are all so tiny??!

xx

  Laura Nov 5, 2007 5:11 AM

2

As you can imagine we don't 'fit in' here at all... what with my bleached blond hair and big bazukas and Carl with no hair and a big belly!!!
Feel very tall and big at present! x

  the-haines-rtw Nov 5, 2007 8:34 PM

About the-haines-rtw


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.