Existing Member?

That's Hamori

My Bakonysarkany

HUNGARY | Tuesday, 11 October 2011 | Views [632]

Bak1Bak2bak3
bak4bak5bak11
bak12bak13bak14
bak15bak16bak18
bak19

We dropped off our kids with my wonderful cousin Zsolti and his wife Detti while we travelled to France to check out possible real estate. In my mind I couldn’t have left them with anyone or anywhere else. My fondest childhood memories are of my Auntie Ilonka’s farm. Chickens and ducks ran around, horse and cart rides that my Uncle Stefi took us on, cows to milk, food growing in their garden and the sound of the train chugging by. It was a wonderful farmers life, in a beautiful town.

Giving our kids an opportunity to experience rural life in Hungary, exposing them to our native tongue, and spending time with my cousins, were all big factors when dropping them off. Both kids talk about the horse and tractor rides!

Detti made them delicious hot chocolate and yummy meals. I still have to ask her for her Creamed Vegetable recipe. My kids loved it and her very much! We are very thankful for everything our family in Bakonysarkony did for our kids while we motored around France. The kids would not have done well in France, although being apart from us was very hard on them and equally hard on my cousin Zsolti! Daniel and Angelina were pretty good until Thursday and then they hit their melt down point. One week is about all they can handle. We returned Saturday to pick them up. They were not themselves. I guess 5 and 7 years old kids are just too small to leave in a strange land, with a new language and cousins they know about and love but not very well. My judgment wasn’t that good on this one, but I will know for next time. I love my cousins for helping us out, I will be forever grateful.

Here are some pretty pictures we took on the two nights before we left them alone in Bakonysarkony.

Detti and Zsolt’s wedding reception was here at the Lovas Restaurant 4 years ago, just outside Mor.

The rolling hills, with beautiful horses grazing on, little ponds that greet your stroll and a large playground for the kids, made up our day together.

For more information on how the Hamori family started their adventures visit us at www.thatshamori.com

That’s Hamori!

Tags: bakonysarkany hungary, hungary, small town hungary, travel hungary with kids

About thatshamori


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.