Existing Member?

One Blonde in a Sea of Brunettes

Beijing tomorrow!!

CHINA | Tuesday, 7 September 2010 | Views [402]

Wednesday 9/1
    Today we were told we had our first Chinese class, but we ended up just walking to the bookstore so we could buy our books, I ended up getting a few kids books just to do a little extra practice. And we actually got to choose which book we should work with because they didn’t really know what level we were at. Our professor seems really nice and I’m pretty glad she speaks English too.
    Later Des and I stumbled upon an awesome noodle shop that didn’t have too many options but was super delicious and of course really cheap. Our server spoke really broken English but it was fine since we now know how to order food pretty easily. When we started walking back to campus we saw a group of tourists trying to ask some Chinese people for directions and obviously they were having some trouble so we told them were to go, and we realized the person they had asked was our server at the noodle place! She was really a sweet girl and obviously really wanted to learn more English. We exchanged numbers and had a really good chat.
    We decided not to do too much tonight because we are leaving for BEIJING TOMORROW!! We just ate at another noodle place that let you choose all the different things you wanted in it and it ended up being really good too, I had sweet potato noodles with clams, mushrooms and spinach. I am so so so very excited to vist Beijing, Xi’an and Shanghai- I can only imagine how awesome this trip is going to be!      

 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.