Existing Member?

Horner travels ... Of all the pages in a book, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport...

Asher-Hoi An- the moto day!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 22 March 2010 | Views [408] | Comments [4]

Ash riding M'bike to Hoi an beach, Ash has gone bike crazy

Ash riding M'bike to Hoi an beach, Ash has gone bike crazy

Dad and I hired a motorbike for $4 for the day and took off. On our manual Honda Wave, ­we rode to the beach. Once there, in a quiet area, ­I rode­ the motorbike (­with Dad on the back) around some small roads. We ­went for a swim and coming back we met a deaf man on the beach - he ­was bombed during the war when he was 8. He wrote in the sand to talk ­with us and we realised he was the same man from the Top Gear show-Vietnam special. Later Nim and Mum had a ride ­with Dad. For dinner we went to the "Doghouse" where 3 friendly dogs ­wander around the tables.

Comments

1

How exciting Asher - Steve and Ethan both wish they could have been on a motorbike touring around with you and Dad. It reminded them of the top gear episode..... Was dad wearing a colander on his head as a bike helmet???

  Leanne Williams Mar 22, 2010 7:30 PM

2

Looks like all the girls over there can't get enough of you, what sort of english have you been whispering in their ears, or maybe its that long blonde hair. I bet you could pack a few girls onto one of those motorbikes after you dropped the old man off. Do you plan on coming back or is Vietnam the place for you now. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time, until your next installment.



  bobby&granma Mar 22, 2010 9:37 PM

3

Soooo cool Asher. (Do you want a bike now when u get older?)

  toni Mar 24, 2010 2:35 PM

4

Hi Asher
It sounds so exiting hiring a bike I wish I could
from Nick

  Nicholas Grimbas Apr 1, 2010 8:45 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.