Existing Member?

Horner travels ... Of all the pages in a book, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport...

Terri 9/3/10

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 9 March 2010 | Views [517] | Comments [3]

So much to catch up on - haven't had the time as we'd rather be out and about exploring for 3 hours than on the computer but I'll update soon. Took us 1 1/2 hours to get these photos on adn we have heaps more. I hink we've discovered a quicker way for the future. Will get the kids on next time we're at the internet. Dalat is beautiful- French Hill Station in the western mountains - perfect temperature - variety of different and enticing foods but the people are not all friendly and have been giving Adrian high blood pressure - I'm not letting it get to me - patr f overseas travlling = good with the bad. Time's up! We did splurge on a private taxi out of Dalat today and went to places we wanted instead of going on a tour as most stuff is out of town and hard to get to on these narrow cliff hanging pot holed winding roads. It ended up being a little cheaper han a tour for all four of us at $40 for the day . Some f the photos are on here as we went to a small minority village which our driver hadn't been to before and had to ask directions. Love to all, will catch up soon. All's absolutely FAB here - I love it - why did I leave it so long???

 

Comments

1

Hi All,

Great photos. I'm envious. So not everyones friendly, same here in Australia! Mum says Adrian shouldn't talk as he can be a grumpy bugger:0) On the subject of photos (of people).....in Hong Kong some people get VERY upset about having their photo taken. Some believe that the photo takes away part of their soul. Just bear this in mind, and if someone looks a bit anxious it might pay to ask with a friendly smile. Nearly got into a fight with a rickshaw driver in Hong Kong. How are the kids coping with the meals?

Love Dad & Poppy

  Dad/Poppy Mar 10, 2010 9:50 AM

2

Hi Adrian, Terri, Asher and Nimah,,
we have loved all your photo's - so beautiful and interesting. Sounds like you are doing loads of really fascinating things - and it all seems action packed - are you starting to get tired yet?
I can really imagine that it would be difficult to spend the time in front of the computer & very frustrating that it takes so long to load up the photo's - when there is so much to see out there........
We will have to bear that in mind when we head off in a couple of weeks.

Keep having heaps of fun - we miss you but are really enjoying reading your posts.
cheers
Leanne

  Leanne and Co Mar 10, 2010 5:10 PM

3

with all that food, how"s the indigestion. as for the standoffish mtn people,
you are tourists, they think you are american, give them a tip put a smile on there faces. photos are great, keep them coming. the one with ash & all the girls is a classic, and madame cuc playing with nimah"s hair.
as for aids high blood pressure, more anchor is required. we await your next installment.

  bobby&granma Mar 10, 2010 8:49 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.