Existing Member?

Horner travels ... Of all the pages in a book, the best stories are found between the pages of a passport...

Asher 4/3/10.

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 4 March 2010 | Views [513] | Comments [3]

First day: we went to the Gold Coast in terrential rain! Our motel was opposite the airport.

Next day (3/2/10): We got up atb 5:20 in the morning, had breakfast and went downstairs to get taken to the airport. When we got to the airport it was really fun seeing our bags go away to the plane. My favourite part of the plane ride was the take off. I rather enjoyed watching the movies but straing at the screen made me vomit twice. When we got out of the airport at Malaysia. We took the skybus to "Sentral". then we got aLRT (Light Rapid Transit) to our hostel - Matahari Lodge. For dinner we went to China town where we ordered: Fried rice, singapore noodles, soupy chicken on fried noodles and ginger chicken noodles to share. I quite like our hostel.

4/2/10

We set off from our hotel to explore Little India where I saw lots of Bollywood stuff, interesting foods and sweets and smelly incense. Then we walked to a high tower like Centrepoint in Sydney where we went on a nature walk with a guide. It was free, however, we were sucked in to giving a donation at the end. On the walk we saw two types of wild monkeys. We walked around alot of backstreets which looked like a very poor area. It stunk! The rubbish systems here are not that good. We went into an arcade to get a couple of coconut drinks. Then we walked around until we got hungry and had some Indian food - some curried veggies on Chapatis. We caught the monorail back to the Chinatown area which is close to our hostel. Through the main street, Petaling Street, in Chinatown we came across the markets (where we had dinner last night) which was pretty interesting. Hello to all.

Comments

1

What an adventure Ash - wish we could come with you!

  Jed and John Mar 5, 2010 10:13 AM

2

Hi Asher, sounds like you're having a good time already. Pity about the rubbish systems, lol. (that means, lots of laughs, will be putting that in heaps, so remember that) Enjoy your holiday. Lots of love, Aunty Toni and Jayden. xx

  Toni Horner Mar 6, 2010 10:16 AM

3

Forgot to say, heard you were sick on the plane. Hope you felt better after. Love Toni

  Toni Horner Mar 6, 2010 10:17 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.