Existing Member?

Eye of the Tempest

First installment, take #3!

SPAIN | Wednesday, 24 May 2006 | Views [409] | Comments [3]

Hola everyone,

This place is insane! I can´t get over the colourful collaboration of peoples, the thousands of years of intricately decorated gottica buildings layered in ´rambles´over each other. A feast for the eyes! Just take it easy, hold onto your bags, introduce yourself politely and let the ride take you wherever it may.

Apparently my first two updates did not work, and I´m running out of internet credit time just now, so this first installment will be very short, but soon to be followed up by the whirlwind that is Barcaloca!  There is ever so much more to write - I should have some respite in Scotland in a few weeks to catch up on details and figure out how to upload pictures onto this site. Needless to say, though, this has been one of the craziest weeks of my life!

Tempest

Tags: Philosophy of travel

Comments

1

Glad to hear you're alive and well. Sounds like you're very 'alive'...
Just a tip on the journals - you need to save your post at least every 45 minutes or it times out and you can lose the writing. It's a security feature (?!). It's easier to save and then 'edit' a few times rather than write an epic novella and lose it to the ether. If you need more help, just write to me ;-)

  crustyadventures May 24, 2006 10:00 AM

2

Great to hear from you my favorite blonde from down under. will this globetrotting joint bring you to eretz hakodesh at some point? Hope so!

  Moshe E. May 31, 2006 8:42 PM

3

Got the message, i'll forward when i get some hosting. I'm in good spirits, the work on the van is going along nicely; can't wait to be gone from Finland. Have decided against crossing border at Kilpisjärvi; the mountains into Norway are just too trecherous for the van (and a driver unskilled with the terrain); from the geo; it's worse than the alps. I'll be crossing at Tornio and through Sweden to get Norway passing the larger maintains. Anyway; talk soon! - Iain

  Iain May 31, 2006 9:06 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.