Existing Member?

Enjoying Life is Good

Tara's first blog EVER!!!

FRANCE | Tuesday, 28 June 2011 | Views [490]

Hey everyone!  Well, I've been on hols for a bit longer than Paul and have already forgotten how to type!  I was lucky enough to have a row of seats to myself on both legs of my flight to Paris, which was fantastic as I got some great sleep.  Got into Paris and arrived at my hotel for about 9am on 17th June to find that the room was available - this never happens usually!  Overcast day, but it is Paris, so had to walk straight over to the Notre Dame (where I ate some baguette too!) which is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel in Latin Quartier.  Wandered through the old streets of the quartier, people watching, bought a kebab and wandered back to Pont neuf to again just watch the world go by. I have however, reignited my long-lost love affair with pain au chocolat aux amandes -YUMMO! Next day was again overcast, but with big bursts of rain - just like Perth (except a lot more amazing things to look at!).  The Marais was a great place to spend time, have a coffee and just get used to not being at work or having Paul around.  Strangely uncomfortable!  Anyway, also went up to Montparnasse, up the tower - some great photos and views up here - you must do it!  Got rained on next to John Paul Satre's mausoleum in the cemetiere and really started to feel tired and a tad alone!  Nothing like a cemetery to bring you back to earth!  I'm taking lots of photos, and once we've worked out how to, we'll put some up!  Hope everyone is doing well and that the Perth winter isn't too chilly!  I'll be back on tomorrow with a bit of info about my tour through the Loire Atlantique!

 

About tara_and_paul_go_travelling

Tara and Paul at someones 40th

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.