Existing Member?

Pictures and Stories from our Time in Thailand

Finally some pictures!

CHINA | Friday, 13 February 2009 | Views [474]

Hi Everyone,

I know I am slack, slack with putting the pics up from Mum and Rick's trip out here. I have been flat out since they left. Work is a mad house at the moment. I am actually writing this from China! From a small town of just 1 million people (and it really is quiet!) called Qinzhou. It is in the south of China near the Vietnamese border. I am here for work, and I am the customer for a change so lots of being 'looked after' by the locals. We just had dinner and I had to dodge things on the menu such as dog stir-fry, bamboo worms, pig trotters and god knows what else. I think I may have just eaten seagull egg, although the Chinese said it was 'sea duck' - what ever that is.

So its been flat out - I have been travelling lots. So far this year, I have been to the Philippines, Vietnam and now China. I head am in China for another week, including a trip to a place called Xi'ing, close to the Mongolian border - crazy! I am back to Bangkok for one night (fingers crossed Mike will be home, he is travelling lots to at the moment!) then straight to the south island of New Zealand for ten days - working of course! Should be lots of fun! Then a few weeks in Australia. I am back for some weddings and will be in Launceston from late Friday the 27th until early Tuesday morning - if anyone is free to catch up, I would love to see you. Its only a rushed trip agian as I cant take holidays, just one day off - so its in and out.

Mike and I moved house - the new place is so nice! Hardly been there, but ill get some pics once its all unpacked! We have a new maid, who doesnt speak english! Her first day was Tuesday and Mike said that she didnt do the dishes - not a great start!

Ok, ill load up the pics. It was great having the Tassie Crew here, we did SO MUCH! Holidays are grea, and it was a short and long trip in many ways. They all seemed to have a great time and I think Rick is already saving for the next trip! Everyone else is welcome!

Congrats to Peta and Josh on the new baby - the balance of girls to boys in the Suitor family may have just changed! Id love to see some pics of the growing family! Hi to Nan and Frank and everyone and to Isabelle - Mum tells me you have all been waiting for the photos!

Well - here they are! Enjoy and feel free to leave me a comment!

Tara-lee xxx

 
 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.