Existing Member?

Pictures and Stories from our Time in Thailand

Work, Travel and Maid(s). yes plural!

THAILAND | Monday, 5 November 2007 | Views [253]

Oh my gosh....I had just written heaps and it jsut disappeared. Ah, that was the second time. Now I have to write again.

Ok, so where did I start. Work.

My job is going great guns. My trip to the US was good. Met lots of people and learnt lots of stuff, the training was full on and tiring! Long days and lots of food - it will do that! Alltech as a company is HUGE. there is even an Irish pub inside the headquaters. They make natural nutritional products for animals. My third week there I took part in a big training group with 116 people from 42 different countries! It was a really interesting week!

I have to give a presentation next week to 20 people at an Operations Meeting. My saving grace is that all but three of them, speak English as a second language!

Kentucky is a funny place. They all talk like hill-billies! Its a really pretty place and I have some photos Ill pop up. I ate SOOO much food. People were taking me out for lunch and dinner everyday! I only saw one KFC shop and I didnt eat any there, so I cant report on that too much. I ate so many hamburger and Mexican. Everything they say about the fatty food in the US is true!

Mike and I are both well. Mike is still travelling lots. He was away for most of the time that I was in the US. We have just come back from a weekend away in Singapore. I was cashed up with my first full pay and I wanted to waste all of it on shopping. Unfortunately, Mike is not the best shopping partner. The words impatient and easily bored spring to mind. We caught up with a friend Andrew that lives there. We went to an old converted army barracks for dinner and drinks and had a great time. The weather was perfect...not to hot, not cold, just right! On Sunday we went for brunch and oh my gosh...it was amazing. There was a big group of us and the food was unbelieveable. Almost every type of food and served buffet style! All for the low cost of $100 each. Well not cheap, and not an every weekend activiity but it was great. I certainly didnt eat $100 worth, (maybe Mike did!!!) but I was SOOO full! In the afternoon we explored Little Arabia and then flew home to a house cleaned by a maid!!

Yes folks, thats right - a maid. She started last week. She used to work for a friend but due to issues with visa`s, immigration, deportation and illegal immigrants, found herself with no job and came to join us. She works (or worked) three days a week all for a bargin price! She did a fantastic job. After working yesterday, she called and told us she had found a live-in job and couldnt work for us now. But she is bringing her `mate` around tonight to meet us and hopefully to take over - but the maid thing is not working out so smoothly. Ill keep you posted.

We have a big month coming up. We have 16 people visiting us in November. 14 of them at the same time. They are all old uni mates plus a few ring-ins. We have a long weekend away planned. Heading to Phi Phi island, which is where the film The Beach was filmed. Paradise!. It will be really good catching up with friends again!

We wont be coming home for Christmas this year. Instead we are heading to Ireland to have christmas with Mikes best mate Dave and his pregnant wife Katie. We are really looking forward to it but are worried about the cold! We are planning on heading back down under in April. No dates planned but arond that time expect to be catching up again! Mike luckily will be heading to Sydney for work first week of December  and I am extremely jealous. Ill be in the US again that week. There are meetings and rather a coincidence, the Christmas party!

Well, I have written this twice! So Ill end there!

Bye xx

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.