Existing Member?

South America 2007

The end of the trip

ECUADOR | Monday, 17 September 2007 | Views [626]

Well unfortunately there will be no more photos on the blog as my camera was stolen today with all the most recent photos. What can you do eh?

Am now in Quito, spending my last few days before I fly home. Spent this morning exploring the Old Town which had a lovely relaxed atmosphere with lots of families enjoying the street performers, cafes and live jazz. Lots of beautiful buildings, art exhibitions and churches making it hard to believe you are in South America. Last night I ended up in a wonderful Salsa club with a few locals after meeting them in a cafe in the Bohemian neighborhood of Quito. Gorgeous people and amazing dancers. Really want to learn Salsa now!  

After my wonderful adventure to the refuge in the South of Ecuador I made my way north towards Quito. Stopped in Cuenca, an old colonial town with beautiful churches and plazas and spent a day visiting the bustling Sunday markets of 3 nearby towns. Then onto Banos, a chilled out town in the central highlands, nestled in between hills and an active volcano! So much to do here, but only spent a couple of days cycling and walking in the hills before rushing up to see Otovalo´s famous Saturday market with hundreds of stalls selling Ecuadorian crafts.  

Ecuador is def top on my lit of places to come back to- what a wonderful country. Amazing people and so much diversity. A brilliant end to my trip!

Tags: Airports

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.