Existing Member?

South America 2007

The start of Ecuador

ECUADOR | Saturday, 8 September 2007 | Views [719] | Comments [1]

Have just spent 2 very special days at a refuge in Podocarpus national park in the South of Ecuador. Took 4 hrs to walk there from the village of Vilcabamba but was well worth it when I eventually reached a small, basic but very comfy cottage with hammocks on the deck and a stunning view of the valley infront and the sound of the river below. Managed to light a fire that evening, which I was very proud of, and spent the evening sat by it looking up at unbelievable stars. There were so many people I thought of whilst there who would love it, I cannot wait to come back. Its funny how things work out when travelling. I hadn´t even thought of coming here until I met a lady just before I was about to a book bus ticket somewhere else who suggested I come here. After 4 days of travelling it was heaven to arrive in this tranquil village in a beautiful valley, where I teated myself to nice accomodation (hot showers, ensuite, delicious bfast and all for only $10!) and the best massage I have ever had. After leaving Cuzco in Peru I spent a few consecutive nights on buses rushing up to Equador and only stopping briefly on the Northern coast of Peru. Had planned to visit the Galapagos Islands but decided to leave it for another trip when I have more time. Felt a pity to see so little of Peru but I have to admit that I didn´t fall for the place. Haven´t seen much of Ecuador and not much time left but I def have a great feeling about this place. Cannot wait to see more!

Tags: The Great Outdoors

 

Comments

1

Dear Tammy,
So good to have more news,and how much more the luxuries mean when you've been roughing it. Can't wait to see you again.Getting SO impatient to have my new home and be able to travel more.I have a travel book by a South African girl who travelled by horse on her own all through SAmerica which I think you will enjoy.
Note the extra email address to use while I have no land line.LOVE YOU, GillG

  Gill Sep 13, 2007 1:25 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.