Existing Member?

South America 2007

More La Paz

BOLIVIA | Monday, 23 July 2007 | Views [619]

Two other girls (Alex and Alexa) arrived last week and it has been lovely to have them here. Lots of fun nights out in La Paz and also really good to have someone else to work at the centre with. Alexa is here for 6 months on placement, mostly working with the women who have suffered domestic violence, helping them to become self sufficient. Will be really interesting to see how she gets on.

Friday was an eventful day in La Paz as the whole city closed down for the day because of a massive protest that was going on about the government moving from La Paz to another city. Was eerily quiete most of the day without stalls littering the streets and the roads crammed with taxis and buses but all very exciting as well.

On saturday we were invited to te Baptism of one of the sons of a lady that runs one of the childcare centres. James and Jeanette had been asked to be the godparents so we all went along to the church and then a party afterwards. Was quite similar to a Baptism at home except that lots of children were baptised during the same ceromony. This is one of the nicest things about being in a place for a while -really getting to know the culture and people. People in La Paz are wonderful, generally really friendly and helpful.

Lots of activites and games planned for the kids next week. Alex and I are determined to make little soldiers out of all of them!

Have just booked a trip to the jungle for next weekend so very excited about that!

Tags: People

 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.