Existing Member?

Tasha and Lisa Backpacking Adventures This will be our blog for our adventures to singapore, australia, new zealand and Sanfran. yours truly, Tasha and Lisa

Melbourne owns my heart.

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 31 January 2008 | Views [972] | Comments [5]

Hello everyone!!

Tasha here, just thought I do a little update while I take a look at the large amount of photos filling up my memory card. It's too bad that it takes so long to upload them, otherwise between the two of us we would probably have 10 galleries and hundreds of photos for you. Sadly we can't do that, but we will be putting some big day out photos up pretty soon. We didn't really get much time to tell you about it last entry, but it was absolutely amazing. Between us both we saw, Spoon, Arcade fire, Bjork, Battles, Krafty Kuts, Kate Nash, Lcd soundsystem, Unkle, and Pnau. Pnau was a band we'd never heard of and it was insane, they were like electronic, chanting goodness, they had people dressed as giant strawberries dancing on the stage, enough said. Sadly we did not get to see Rage agianst the machine, because there were just too many people and Lcd soundsystem were playing at the same time. Lcd was genious. And it's always fun to dance in a giant room with screens, smoke and lasers. It was really really cool. I think lisa mentioned last post that we went to see Henrietta's brother play in his band in this little bar downtown. It was pretty awesome, the show was called the "make it up club" and the bands that come through do complete improv. It's super cool, and really awesome to know that what you are hearing, may never possibly be repeated in that exact form. And if it's great sounding, it makes it even more special. Henrietta's brother's band was like listening to the world explode while traveling through space, it was crazy, but very cool. There was also a band that was playing from Japan, they were about the same sort of sound. Grundgey improv, little electro, very cool. We also had some very cheap australian beer, that proved to be, well, cheap, but pretty good. It was a good night, we also went to a vegetarian restauraunt before hand. It was absolutely delicious. Melbourne is just covered in vegetarian and vegan places to eat. Which makes me want to.....live here.....ahhhh. There are also countless amounts of art galleries, and the street art here is incredible in quantity and quality...if you into that sort of thing.

We haven't had a good solid day to explore the city yet, but we have had a little taste. Lisa is a little bit sick, she has tonsillitis. But don't worry, we took her to the doc and she got some meds, and she is getting much better. I think tomorrow we are going to head into the city to see some more galleries. I was lucky to see the Until Never street gallery and NGV today with Andrew, as lisa stayed home to rest. Both were amazing, and I'm not leaving melbourne until lisa see's them too! So hopefully tomorrow she will.

We fly to Canberra Feb 2, I think. So the day after tomorrow. We will probably stay there for about a week, and then we will be off to sydney!!! Super excited. Sad though, cause we LOVE Melbourne. Melbourne, has my heart for sure. Even if it rained today.

Lisa will write the next blog I think, so we will talk to you soon.
Until then, stay warm, stay happy, know we love you.

Tasha and Lisa Lou

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

Tasha do you remember when you and Lisa went to see the Killers for the first time. Your Dad brought Lisa home and you came in to get your back pack for a few mminutes. I came to the front door and as soon as you and Lisa saw me. You both started talking at the same time about a million miles a hour. I could not really understand what you were on about, although I did catch on after a few minutes, that you had met the killers. It was so cool how excited I felt for you. I am getting the same feeling right now. Thanks for sharing your Melbourne outings. Glad to hear Lisa is on the mend.love ya lou Lou. Have a great day and have fun with the Canberra crew. Love momma mar. .

  marlene Feb 1, 2008 3:08 PM

2

Geeeez...I really wish I could teleport to your guy's current location. It sounds like you're both having the time of your lives. Hope you get better Lisa!! I send you guys lots of hugs and kisses!
XOXOX

Love you both!

  Tina Feb 2, 2008 10:14 AM

3

Lisa I hope you are feeling better and that you and Tasha are back at it!

Love Mom/Jayna
I am sending bigs hugs to you both

  jayna Feb 4, 2008 5:31 AM

4

you guys are slackin with the blog. I mean c'monn lets see some now material!

  benson Feb 6, 2008 1:44 PM

5

Hi guys. Great pictures Tasha! It sounds like you two are skipping around down there pretty easily. I really appreciated how you conveyed the cultural flavour of the places - of course I want pictures of all the gallery and installation stuff.
Speaking of installations - my new set of Art 30s are all inspired by your installation efforts Tasha and they're doing great things. Also, I put your latest face pot in a show for a bunch of CBE dignataries and they were suitably impressed - got offers on it.
So, I imagine that you're getting pretty bored by now with all that sunshine, ocean beach stuff, fresh fruit drinks, dancing all night. You're probably pining for Calgary slush and lumpy coats and damp gloves and mittens. Admit it. But, since you took so much trouble to get there you might as well enjoy all you can before you get back topside.
Love to both of you,
Audrey

  Audrey Feb 14, 2008 2:53 PM

About t_l


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.