Existing Member?

Tasha and Lisa Backpacking Adventures This will be our blog for our adventures to singapore, australia, new zealand and Sanfran. yours truly, Tasha and Lisa

Hello Melbourne!

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 29 January 2008 | Views [770] | Comments [3]

Hello Everyone! Lisa here: I'm surprised to hear about the extreme Temperatures in Calgary at the moment, its odd how we can be having such a moderate winter and then it quickly turns into a blizzarding freezer! Its a bit cooler here in Melbourne than in Perth, but its stiil in the mid to high 20s, rather that the 30s, its quite comfortable. sorry guys.

So after arriving pretty late into Melbourne at around midnight on January 27th, My third cousin's Brett and Shane's partner and wife Naomi and Jackie came to pick us up! It was about a half an hour to a subberb called Geelong, about a 45 minute drive from downtown Melbourne. So we stayed at Jackie and Brett's house for the night with Shane and Naomi also who are just moving into a flat in Melbourne. We selpt on an air mattress which was funny because everytime one of us got on the bed we would nearly wind the other person unsespectantly laying down. haha.

I think Tasha felt a bit more a home, bacause we were among vegetarians. Ones that even eat vegetarian bacon, which we have yet to try. So the next morning we quickly hopped on a the local train into Melbourne. It was quite relief because we just narrowly caught it. After passing through the southern cross station, we finally met up with My cousin Andrew and his girlfriend Henrietta at the Flinders station. It was really nice to finally meet them as I've been eager for a couple of years! So off we went from there to the Big Day Out Melbourne!! It was absolutely packed with people. There was an estimated 45, 000 people in attendence! It actually reminded me a lot of the Stampede with the abundence of rides like the zipper and the huge catapolte ride too. There had a small assortment of shops and lots of different bands tees available. Tasha and I both got a Big Day out tee. I can't evenstart to explain how cool some of the bands were! But I will attempt soon, hopefully in a couple of hours, as Tasha, Henrietta, Andrew and I as gonna take a train downtown  to see one of Henrietta's brothers play in an phycadelic improvised japanese gig. Should be interesting!! So sorry that I have to rap this up so abrumptly. I misseveryone SO HUGELY! Brenna, I'm sorry to hear about your spill, do tell me more deets. How was Red? Big hugs going to everyone from Tasha and myself. xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxooxooxox I LOVE YOU!

Tags: Philosophy of travel

Comments

1

Lisa Lou! Thanks for the update I was wondering how the Big Day Out went. 45,000 wow that is a lot of people so you ladies once again had the time of your lives(WONDERFUL). Just to keep you both updated it is -40 with the wind chill this evening,damn cold.
BIG HUGS TO YOU BOTH

love,
Mom/Jayna

  jayna Jan 30, 2008 12:42 PM

2

Hey Lou Belle, Your post writing fingers work like a charm. Thank you for creating a wonderful posting. Wow, the Big Day Out lived up to its name. Glad you had a fun time. How was arcade fire? Jayna's weather report is spot on. Brutal! I guess we will wait on meeting up for a jog, hey Jayna? Kasey says she feels your pain with the "big drop" of the tempertures in Melbourne. Sorry she can not feel too much pain for you as she is busy freezing her tushie off over here. In other words she is saying "You lucky ducks". We also send hugs and, Love out to you two lucky ducks, from your not so lucky duck relatives chillin out in Calgary. . Miss you heaps! love momma mar.

  marlene Jan 30, 2008 5:54 PM

3



You sound so busy, I bet you are looking forward to some quiet time when you are hiking and enjoying the beauty of the country side. Your so lucky to have people there that can show you all the sites and warmth that makes a holiday special. Love you Tasha B

from grandma Dayhome p.s. Tasha B send some pictures of you so Grandma can see that you are eating good and looking after yourself.

  grandma and granpa Jan 31, 2008 12:16 AM

About t_l


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.