Existing Member?

Tasha and Lisa Backpacking Adventures This will be our blog for our adventures to singapore, australia, new zealand and Sanfran. yours truly, Tasha and Lisa

I love it when blogs get erased

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 27 January 2008 | Views [673] | Comments [4]

Soooo everyone, the reason why you have not seen a blog entry for a while, is that we actually did write one. An extremely long one covering the past week in excrutiating detail, and it did not save. So that was a bit discouraging, and it shall never be replaced. It was full of over-taking humour and charm. But let's not dwell on the past. We must move forward, so I will do a summary for you of the past week.

After arriving in perth, and staying with pat for the first night we caught a train to Mandurah where michelle picked us up and took us to Australind where we stayed with Jo and Duncan and their amazing 4 kids. We only stayed one night and two days but it was great. They have a swimming pool that Duncan built which we spent a lot of time in, we also went to a few beaches and lisa and I even came within arms reach of some dolphins in Bunbury. We all went to Bussleton also, which is a really great area with a beach and a 2 km jetty (dock). We walked it and I got my first aussie sunburn, but it is gone now luckily. We ended up jumping off the jetty of course and most of us got stung my jellies, including me, but they were just small little buggers so it wasn't too bad. After the swim we went to get icecream at the mickey D's which has a lot more variety of things here. Like mango juice and slushies. All good. After the trip into bussleton we went back to Australind where Jo and them all live and we said our good byes to the kiddlins, which was hard I'm tellinh you, because they are all really really amazing kids. Very different each of them, but just really good kids. All in all at Jo's we swam, saw dolphins, a giant spider, the sunset, horses, kangaroos, and some beautiful beaches.

The next stop was back to Rockingham where we started here in Perth. Once we got back we decided to hop a train to Fremantle, took about an hour to get there. It's this amazing little area with a great collection of shops, pubs, restaurants, and icecream places. We've had a lot of over priced, but very tastey icecream the past week. When we were in Fremantle we stumbled upon a didgeridoo shop where lisa pretty much enhililated. She has the cirular breathing down and everything. One of the guys that worked there was REALLY good at it though, he was trying to teach is some techniques, it was pretty sweet. We also walked by this club where I though coldplay was playing live, but it turned out to be this aussie guy doing probably the best cover we will ever hear. After our jaunt around fremantle and after buying a few little things we got back to Rockingham and went to sleeeeeep.

That brings us to yesterday, which was Australia day. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI. haha. Lisa and I did not find a party on the beach but we did find a night club called liquid. Lisa's cousin Robbie took us and said he would watch out for us, which he did, until he disapeared. But it was all good we were fine on our own. The music was lame, but you could somewhat dance to it, and we did until 5 am. So that basically updates you to today!!! Yay. It's about 1 pm here, and we woke up about an hour ago haha. Not too many plans for today except pack, we fly to melbourne tonight at 6pm and should arrive there about 11pm, and then Sunday is the BIG DAY OUT. So everyone get excited. Cause we are. Any requests for band tees anyone??? I plan on buying like 20 of them at least. Maybe. We will for sure update you on how it goes.

Cheers mates!!
Sending love and hugs from the land down under.

Tasha and Lisa.

ps. the other blog entry that did not save, was even half written by lisa. Only half because we decided it works better me typing and her telling me what to add in here and there. So sorry momma mar, we tryed. Maybe I'll get lisa to do the next one, if at first you don't succeed....

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

try try again miss Tasha. Good stuff Thank you for sharing your adventures. ... Ok ladies off you go flying across the country. Have a great "big day out experience". Look forward to pictures and stories. I am sure Arcade fire will be fantastic.love you big time, Momma mar. xxxooo

  marlene Jan 27, 2008 5:42 PM

2

Hey there pretty ladies! your whole trip so far sounds totally a-m-a-z-i-n-g!!! Brenna here is extremely jealous and flabbergasted (hehe)! I'm glad to hear that you've taken a load of pictures, really really looking forward to seeing them. everything you guys describe sounds soo nice and crazy cool. Your blogs are soo entertaining, it's been a blast reading though them all, i cannot wait to read more!
lisa: i had a nasty spill skiing and am apparently "out for the season"( so says the doctor at the hospital)! but i will for sure be sneaking onto the hill every once and a while.
Anywaays! i hope you two continue to have a riot, i send hugs x a billion! safe journeys!!!! have fun!XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX <3 <3 <3
also, if benson reads this, i also enjoyed reading your terribly lovely comments at the beginning...

  Brenna Jan 28, 2008 10:45 AM

3

I want a wicked teal tee-shirt

  Auston Jan 28, 2008 1:05 PM

4

Well here we are still shivering from the -47 and you are getting the sun rays that make you a awsome brown...Aunti Val and the family are in Hawai this week, they will be back Sunday and hopefuly they are as lucky as you when it comes to Sun shine....Talked to your Grandma Barrie and she said to tell you that she misses and wishes she could use a computer to say Hi to you also Tash. Well other than telling you another hundred times that we love you and miss you and think of you so many times during the day and in conversation with complete strangers. Tash take care, you know that we wish we were there with you, even if this idea is one sided from this end of world.
Hugs make good choices.....talk to you Aussies later. Grandpa and Grandma

  Your beloved wonderful Granpa and Grandpa Jan 29, 2008 8:30 AM

About t_l


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.