Existing Member?

A Year Without Ice Cubes One year through Africa and Asia

My final blog entry

USA | Monday, 7 December 2009 | Views [974] | Comments [1]

Well, this is it.  A few months belated, but I am officially retiring this blog.  Because, let's face it, my year through Africa and Asia without ice cubes ended 3 months ago when my plane touched down in Honolulu.  Then I was in 'vacation' mode (different from traveling mode)  until my plane touched down in Washington, DC on November 4th.  Then I was in 'get reacquainted with the US East Coast and its inhabitants' mode this past month.  But now, surrounded by the first snowfall I've experienced in over a year, I am finally ready to end this thing.  This blog.  It's been an amazing year, and I'm so glad I was able to share my experiences and feel connected to my family and friends through the wonders of technology.  So thank you all.  And with that, I leave you with a final video, entitled "Michelle's Adventures in Africa".  Interesting that I should end MY travel blog with a video of Michelle.  But I really feel that I should share this with everyone, I made it back in May as a birthday gift for Michelle while I was in Southern India and she was traveling around Northern India.  I uploaded it to Facebook to get it to her but never put it up on Youtube or this blog.  So here it is, Africa through my eyes, my ears (I listened to a lot of Bjork this year...), with my travel buddy.  Enjoy.

Comments

1

And.....thank you! I have so very much enjoyed the year with you and Michelle. Thank you for sharing!!
Where to from here?
Gail

  Gail Dec 8, 2009 12:43 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.