Existing Member?

The adventures of Sy ollow the adventures of Sy as she roams the globe in a hot air balloonm, coming down to earth only to dine on the finest cuisines the world has to offer, and maybe a beer or two. Stay tuned for tantalizing tidbits, fantastic photos, and a few randon musin

Madam, it was the champagne.

ITALY | Monday, 7 April 2008 | Views [343] | Comments [1]

After a particularly gruelling day of pounding the pavement in Venice what better way to relax than find a 3 michelen star restaurant and relax over a glass, or a bottle, or two, of local vino. Well thats what I thought aswell...

So we arrived for our 7pm reservation a little early and decided we would indulge in an aperitif, or two. By the time we sat down to our starters we were feeling the effects of said aperitifs, however this didn't slow us down, and when the sommelier suggested we try a Sauvignon Blanc with our entree we agreed whole heartedly. Then our main meals arrived along with the very persistent sommelier who insisted that a nebbiolo would compliment our main meals perfectly, and we agreed. Who were we to disagree with an Italian sommelier?
So we ate and drank, and drank, and drank. It wasn't until Bergs refused her desert that I knew something was terribly wrong, and all of two minutes later she stood up and said "right, we're going now!" and off she tottered to pay the bill. As she was paying the bill the cashier eyed us suspicisouly, exactly how you would look at two sozzled foreigners. Poor Bergs, she tried to explain that our hotel was in San Marco square directly opposite the bell tower that rings on the hour, every hour and she was simply tired. The cashier politely declined her explanation and said "It was not the bell madam, it was the champagne".

Comments

1

hhahaha funny as :)

  Chris Apr 10, 2008 8:37 AM

About sy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.