Existing Member?

The small town girl spread's her wings “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

Mono in New Zealand...just my luck!

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 9 March 2010 | Views [583]

As you can imagine, Mono (also known as Glandular fever) was definitely not part of my travel plans. The first 2 weeks were the worst: fever, chills, flu symptoms, throat infection, lack of appetite and sleeping more than 14 hours a day.  My throat infection and lack of appetite lasted well into the 3rd week and I was still sleeping long hours in the 4th week. Now I have good and bad days but most of the time I feel much better.   As you can see I have not been up to much the past month but on the bright side it did help me get caught up on my blog. :)

It’s sort of funny how things seem to fall in place; just before I started to get sick I had decided to go stay with the family I spent Christmas with.  On my way to Putaruru I stopped in Wellington and stayed with Julie for a few days; that’s when I started getting sick.  If I wouldn’t have had Barb and Ox to offer me a place to stay I would have had to cut my trip short. I wouldn’t have been able to afford a hostel and frankly staying in a dorm room feeling like I did would have been a nightmare.  I guess I can say I was lucky in my misfortune.  Like I always say “Everything happens for a reason”!

Thanks Barb and Ox!

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.