Existing Member?

The small town girl spread's her wings “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu

The Centre of New Zealand

NEW ZEALAND | Wednesday, 10 February 2010 | Views [463]

The next stop on the South Island is a very beautiful town called Nelson, but of course I wouldn’t know myself because the weather was horrible when we got there.  This was the story of my trip in the South Island.  We would get into a town and it would rain the next morning when we are ready to leave it would be beautiful and when we got into the next town it would be raining :(.  But I’m in New Zealand so what am I complaining about :P.  If you let rain stop you in New Zealand you might as well stay home. 

When we got to Nelson we got settle in and then went for a walk up to the ‘Centre of New Zealand’. It is located on hilltop near the centre of the city.  Like I said the weather wasn’t the best so the view wasn’t as nice as it could have been but still something to see.  We then hurried back for FREE beer tasting.  Yes that’s right FREE...anything free us backpackers find it...free alcohol even better!! 

A group of us from the bus sat in the bar at our hostel and enjoyed the free beer and had great conversation about our travels, our countries, our politics, everything and anything.  One thing I enjoy about traveling is meeting people from all over the world. It’s incredible the conversation you can have when you sit down around a table with individuals from all over the globe.  Next stop on the west coast is Westport and just a little preview...It was raining!

Nelson Lakes National Park

Nelson Lakes National Park

 
 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.