Existing Member?

My Long Awaited 'Round the World' Trip

Halfway Through my Trip Up North

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 21 September 2008 | Views [322] | Comments [6]

I am in love with Coral Bay - the very light bit is very shallow (knee deep), the Turquoise bit is deeper & the Navy bit is the Ningaloo Reef Sept 08

I am in love with Coral Bay - the very light bit is very shallow (knee deep), the Turquoise bit is deeper & the Navy bit is the Ningaloo Reef Sept 08

I am now writing from the magnificently, stunningly beautiful Coral Bay on the Outback coast just South of Exmouth in Western Australia.  I am taking a little break from my awesome Perth/Exmouth/Karijini/Perth trip to have a bit of a chill out and appreciation.  This part of Australia is just beautiful from the Pinnacles Desert to see erosion at its best, to The Kalbarri National Park to walk through beautiful gorges & to do a spot of Abseiling with Rob (a hot Australian 28 year old man - shame that he is married but lovely eye candy all the same), to Monkey Mia to see gorgeous Dolphins close enough to touch (including an adorable 3 week old calf), to Coral Bay to snorkel over the amazing Ningaloo Reef only meters from the shore & up to Exmouth to head out to the Cape Range National Park to walk along the awesome Yardie Creek with coral fossils and a dip and snorkel at Turquoise Bay.  I kinda chickened out on the snorkelling as the currents were really strong which made me a little nervous given that there is a 'hole' in the reef where you can get dragged out past the reef off to Africa.  Be a nice cheap trip to be sure but not sure how enjoyable.

I am now really pleased that I decided on the tour option as it has been really great.  Bob the guide who has been with Western Exposure for 15 years was really awesome with his knowledge of this area and really great to chat to which of course always adds to the experience.  I also bumped into a very sweet German couple yesterday (Claude & Katrin) that I met in Perth who are travelling on their own.  Nice to see them again as they left Perth 2 days before me and I was not expecting to bump into them at all.

Back up to Exmouth tomorrow and then carrying on with the tour on Wednesday to the Karijini National Park which I am really looking forward to.  Lots of walking through Gorges that have been around for millions of years, swimming in rock pools etc.  Heard such great things about Karijini.  I am sure that it is going to be awesome.

Catch you when I get back to Perth next week where internet is a little more affordable :-)

Comments

1

Hi there, sounds like you having fun indeed - your 1st postcard arrived today nice....keep them coming i have started the shoebox collection.
By the Way I have sent you our new address as we have found a nice 2 bedroon house and duble storey...
If there is any card on their way it will still get to me as I have asked Royal mauil to divert the post to us.

Have fun

Kenneth

  Kenneth Pote Sep 25, 2008 6:25 AM

2

Hello my darling friend,
Sounds like you're having an absolutely amazing experience. Good to hear from you - your SMS was cool. Keep having a ball and enjoy every minute. The dolphins sound awesome and I'm sure that you are glad to have had that experience. Love and miss you stax. Keep in touch. All well this side.
Love Celeste, George and Joshua

  Celeste Hewett Sep 29, 2008 3:41 PM

3

Hi there! Sounds like you having an awesome time! So happy for u. Got your sms. Being single definately has its perks, as what u're doing sounds fab, when u got a hubby and 2 kids, it's kinda out of the question. Maybe when we old (and not able to walk, ha-ha), then we'll do it when the kids are out of the house. U just go on having a good time. Will pray that u stay safe and sound, as u experience all the beauty that our world has to offer. Love Karin

  Karin Sep 30, 2008 2:01 AM

4

Hey there Shan
Man - sounds like an experience of a lifetime! I am so happy for you my friend - you deserve the best of what nature has to offer you since you are one of her true guardians! We love and miss you alot and think of you often! We got your text messages and postcards - so great in our humdrum (although lovely) days to hear about your travels!
Is the crystal just loving the good vibes or wot!!!
Be Safe
Love and Light
Jax, Mark and Kaian

  Jacky Sep 30, 2008 2:20 AM

5

Oh Shannon, it sounds like you are having an incredible time. I am almost jealous but considering we have just started on our little adventure, I guess I can't really complain :-)
Thanks for keeping us updated. Love to hear from you and see your photos.
have lots of fun
Love Sam

  Sam Oct 2, 2008 7:09 AM

6

Hi Shan

I am glad to here you are having a good time although I must confess I am a little jealous. Keeping posting.

All our love

MJK

  Mark Nelson Oct 2, 2008 8:53 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.