Existing Member?

My Long Awaited 'Round the World' Trip

Got super stiff in the gorgeous South West

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 15 September 2008 | Views [199]

Natural Bridge near Albany Sept 08

Natural Bridge near Albany Sept 08

Hey all

Right before I head off on my next trip I thought that I would post a little update on what I have been up to over the last week.  So that tour that I was deliberating going on was pretty awesome.  It was only a short one but we had a lot of fun and climbing half way up a 60M tree using metal spikes sticking out the tree (not for the likes of you lot that are afraid of heights) and OMG were they not joking when they said don't climb if you are not fit which I of course disregarded and had the granny hobble for the next 5 days to prove it.  It was however a little scary as there was little to no security so I am glad that I did it :-)

We saw some awesome beaches, walked around the top of the trees in the Valley of the Ginats and headed up gradually to the top of Castle Rock (which I might add with legs almost out of action was a killer but I made it to the top and back down again which was about a 4km walk/climb).  Of course as I keep walking and climbing and all that malarky I shall certainly get fitter as I go along.  Whohoooooo.  I will have some pics to stick up when I have more internet access or something like that.  I am hoping to get a video from a Japanese girl that I was on the tour with who video'd one of the girls trying to get on a guys shoulders.  Hilarious is not the word although you may have had to be there to appreciate it but watch this space just in case.

The weather has been pretty crappy so I have not done a whole heap over the last four days going easy on the ol' legs to prevent any injuries but I head off tomorrow on my bigish tour which is a 10 day tour up to Exmouth and across to the Karijini National Park which looked AWESOME on the travel programme that I watched and I have only heard good things from people who have been there.  I am stopping off in Exmouth & Coral Bay on the way up for 4 nights to have a difference of scenery which should be fun fun fun.  Really looking forward to it.

Catch you in a week or so :-)

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.