Existing Member?

MARY ON HOLIDAY 2012 Adventure: Oregon, Netherlands, France, UAE, Seychelles, and return

9 Hours ahead in time.

NETHERLANDS | Thursday, 5 January 2012 | Views [555] | Comments [1]

If the mariners of old could image how we travel today they would question the perils they put themselves through.  We jump into a tube and hurl ourselves through the atmosphere at 600 mph.  We drink wine and sleep along the way.  Geez!  Things have changed. 

A  100 mph tail wind put us in Amsterdam (AMS) more than a  half hour ahead of time. We arrived at sun rise and spent the rest of the day struggling to believe its not time to go to bed.  After getting on the wrong train from the airport to AMS Central we cursed around some of our old haunts.  Navigating blind and walking around in 45*F with 50 mph surface winds made us thirsty. Luckily, there were places to imbibe along the way.

Now, 4:00pm, we're tucked into our very basic hotel room (read: no heat, bathroom down the hall, ask for towels kinda place)  with a few groceries for a light dinner.  It will be an early evening and certainly an early morning tomorrow.  I figure if I sleep past 2:00am I will be doing great!

Comments

1

Day turned out very nice' tomorow rain===bridge - - - lousey, Got my buck back' Rick had touble with the keys in the garage. Would not open the door Had key to other door and got in,Are thesen new keys? Everything else is fine, Hope things are all right for you. Get on the right train. Lo0ve you both XXX mom

  betty Jan 6, 2012 1:26 PM

About surveymare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.