Existing Member?

MARY ON HOLIDAY 2012 Adventure: Oregon, Netherlands, France, UAE, Seychelles, and return

Time is NOT relative

NETHERLANDS | Friday, 6 January 2012 | Views [608]

For a successful adventure, not only do you have to get your own time sorted out, you need to coordinate that with your travel partner.  I actually stayed up to 2AM last night.  (I would have never bet on that.) On the other hand, Daryl did the early in, early up routine.  My morning was therefore several hours after his.  Now, 7:30pm, he has crashed for the night while I am typing away, drinking wine out of the bottle.  

Sound funny I know but allow me to explain.  I mentioned yesterday that our hotel is "less than stealer".  We have towels now but there are no glasses.  We eat one meal out and then stop by the grocery store on the way back for essentials.  Cheese, crackers, cherry tomatoes, wine and beer.  Yesterday I used an empty water bottle for a wine glass.  Today, Im skipping the water bottle.

Meal for the day was an Irish breakfast.  Similar in most ways to an English breakfast and includes 2 each; eggs, bacon, sausage, hash brown patties, toast and comes with beans and a grilled tomato.  Each Europe trip I sit down to an English breakfast for some nostaglic reason that I dont understand and... well ... am disappointed.  It got me through the day and all is well that ends well!! 

A beautiful sun filled day with less wind than yesterday.  We walked miles and miles enjoying the architecture and watching tourists navigate the endless stream of bicycles.

After securing our transport on our next leg of this trip we talked with our friend Victoria.  She lives in the North where "Holland stopped the Sea".  We hoped to catch up with her on this end of the trip but are now shooting for the return.  It would be great to meet Mark (Mr. Vics.)  Vics, Daryl, and I sailed together across the Atlantic on the Big Spirit during the ARC a few years back.  As an extra bonus special, we may be able to convince our Skipper Kurt to join in the fun.  We will see if the planets align towards the end of the month. 

Thanks for the message MOM!  It's cool to have you reading my posts.  I will send an email to Rick about the key thing.  Pets to the dogs for us!  Love you!  

About surveymare


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Netherlands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.