Existing Member?

Hola Amigos

San Diego

USA | Tuesday, 19 December 2006 | Views [713] | Comments [1]

I have just had the most awesome time in San Diego! I was staying with my friend Kat and she lives in this really cool hippie-ish suburb walking distance from the beach. Even though she had to work every day we went out every night.

San Diego is a really fun city - I like it a lot;) There are a lot of cool bars and restaurants - you can't walk a block without seeing a Mexican restaurant (or a Starbucks for that matter). So we did a lot of drinking and eating.

Kat's boyfriend Dave was really cool and hung out with me during the day. He took me to the San Diego zoo and then to a cool little dark hole-in-the-wall bar for an awesome lunch of breaded shrimp.

Two of Kat's roommates are in bands and there is live music going in many of bars in San Diego all the time so I saw some great live music. On Saturday, her roommate Jesse's band 'On the One' (www.myspace.com/ontheone) were playing and it was an awesome, awesome gig. Kat & I helped them out by selling cds at the end of the gig so we got free entry and free drinks ;)

On Saturday Dave drove us to Mexico!!! We bypassed Tijuana (I don't think I spelt that right) and went down to Rosarito (?) and La Fonda - both coastal towns. Despite our lack of sleep it was a lOT of fun. We had the best lunch ever at a beachside restaurant - complete with incredibly strong Margaritas!

Overall I had such an awesome week - Thanks Kat!!!

I'm adding some more pics to the USA photo album so check them out.

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Hey Tiges!

Sounds like you're having a terrible time, you poor thing. Nicola and I are working lots at the moment and both got jobs at Wotif. We start next week! Can't wait. Also, we have been applying for houses to move into and have been getting denied because of our rental reference from PRD, so we've written a formal reference... from ourselves, to put with our future applications! Fuck, we're funny.

Anyway, be good. Have fun. I've been invited to a wedding in Brazil at the end of next year, so I'll pop in and say hello.

Nick.

  Nick Dec 21, 2006 12:06 PM

About supaswan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.