Existing Member?

Hola Amigos

And the fun begins...

USA | Tuesday, 12 December 2006 | Views [674] | Comments [3]

Well it was exactly a week ago since I left Oz - although it seems like much longer.

Homebake was awesome - Silverchair and Scribe rocked.

I arrived in LA tired and jetlagged after about 3 hours sleep but was happily greeted by lovely Simone and Tony.  Our first stop for the day was breakfast at ihop (international house of pancakes) and then we were off to the world of showbiz!  We watched the tv shows 'Jeopardy' and 'The new adventures of old Christine' being filmed.  It was interesting and a lot of fun.  We also checked out Hollywood, Rodeo Dr and the Santa Monica Pier.  The 2 days flew by as I enjoyed catching up with Sim and Tony before they headed back to Australia.

After a sad goodbye I flew up to Spokane, Washington to hang out with Markus.  This time I was greeted by snow and below freezing temperatures!  After spending a night in his cabin in Idaho we drove up to a small ski town in Canada and spent a few nights there.  We went to a hot spring in Nakusp which was an amazing experience.  Sitting in a relaxing hot pool in a bikini admiring the towering, snow-covered mountains while the outside temperature is below zero is quite surreal(for a queenslander!).

Markus had to go to work as usual on Monday so we drove back to the cabin taking in the fantastic landscapes of the Canadian mountain ranges and the snow-covered fields in Idaho.  I spent a relaxing day reading and watching movies at the cabin and then arrived safely in sunny San Diego this morning.

Hope all is well with everyone.

luv amy xxoo

PS.  Don't forget to check out my photo album on the right hand side of the main page.

 

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Hi Amy,

Jeopardy is one of my favourite shows EVER Amy!!

A frustrated female longing to finish her degree and enter media or politics....


Who is....?

Sharyn J
xx


Have fun Amy ....and keep on blogging !!!


  Sharyn Jamieson Dec 13, 2006 8:28 PM

2

AAAAAMMMMMMMYYYYY

Cya in Mexico! Hope your having fun :)

  Tara Richardson Dec 13, 2006 11:43 PM

3

Hey Amy,

Glad your travels are going well. I thought for a moment that you wouldn't be able to go because of that persistent rash you had around your nether regions. Guess that has all cleared up with a dose of antibiotics. Anyways happy travels baby! Yeah

love

Aza

  Aza Dec 14, 2006 3:14 PM

About supaswan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.