Existing Member?

Hola Amigos

Operation World Party...for the Win!!

USA | Tuesday, 2 January 2007 | Views [999] | Comments [1]

I hope everyone had a fantastic New Years because I certainly did!!!  I was lucky enough to be included in a New Years celebration in Barnard, Vermont: Operation World Party, that has been held every year for 12 years. (Sorry I didnt get to see you Rosey but it was very last minute and there was no cell phone reception!!).

I spent 3 nights in a 5 brm cottage right next to a beautiful (frozen)lake with 6 very cool people, including my friend Nathan, and 3 gorgeous dogs.  One of the dogs is so beautiful - she is a Canadian Newfoundland and is about as big as I am. (I will upload a photo).  There was much drinking (thanks Drew:)and fun and games (including a 4.5 hour Settlers of Catan match!).

I woke up on Saturday morning and looked out the window and it was snowing.  It was so beautiful and absolutely stunning looking out at the view to the lake.  It snowed all day so I got a late white christmas :)  On Sunday during the day we went into a town that proclaims to be the 'prettiest village in America´.  It was incredibly pictureseque and apparently a classic New England town.

Our New Years festivities began with a few drinks to wake us all up after the big night we had the night before;)  We made an awesome dinner of schpud (spelling??) and mixed up a lethal scorpian bowl! (For the aussies that is pretty much just a big cocktail in a salad bowl and you put straws in for everyone).  I finally got to try Barcardi 151 which I dont think we have in Australia as it is 80% alochol.

At about 11pm I was introduced to the annual rituals of the party (Im not sure if these are a secret so I wont go into detail).  We rugged up and went out onto the (semi) frozen lake.  We rolled around in the snow, created snow angels and filled a pineapple with Bacardi 151 and set it alight.  It was definitely one of the most memorable New Years I have ever had and rates in my top 3! (for the win!).

There were, of course, some further antics but considering the wide audience of this journal I shall have to conclude here :)

We celebrated by last night in the US by feeding my chocolate addiction with an amazing dessert at a very well-known dessert restaurant in Boston. 

Happy 2007 everyone!! xxoo

Tags: Party time

Comments

1

We do have Bacardi 151 in Ozzieland....its lethal!

  Natasha Jan 11, 2007 12:55 AM

About supaswan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.