Existing Member?

Viva Italia 2013

The Bells Rang and Rang February 24, 2013

ITALY | Sunday, 24 February 2013 | Views [129]

This was a very unique day. Pope Benedict is scheduled to deliver his last sermon before leaving the Vatican.The day began with the bells ringing all over the city. I think they rang for 20 minutes. It was so beautiful and felt like it would go on forever. Such a treat.

I decided to go to the Vatican to hear Pope Benedict present his last sermon. There seemed to be about 120,000 people and it was not packed. i thought that there would be a lot more people and a lot more pomp and circumstance. The last sermon was very brief, 15 minutes and then that was that. The crowd was fascinating to watch.

On my way back, I decided to find Scuola Leonardo di Vinci.  I found it with no problems. Then I visited my favorite bookstore, La Fraternelli, which was on my bus route. I ended up walking home because I couldn't remember details of busroute.  I did stop at my favorite cafe near the hotel to buy some aqua frizzante and a banana. It was 4 euros. 2 for water and 2 for banana.  Are you kiddin' me? No thank you. So I set out to find a cheaper bottle of water.  After walking and walking I purchased a bottle of water for 2.50E.  So there.......

About stix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.