Existing Member?

Viva Italia 2013

A Roma February 23, 2013

ITALY | Saturday, 23 February 2013 | Views [166]

Yes, I did get everything packed that I am going to take. I left alot clothes behind to make room for new purchases. It is sad to leave my cozy little home here at Il Chistro di Carmine. After a huge breakfast and saying good bye to Davide.

Decided to take earlier train to Chiusi so not to miss connection for Rome. Surprise the train turned out to be a bus-it's a mystery.  I arrived at Chiusi in pleanty of time to make my train. A little extra time to just relax. People watching was great-some strange characters here. Had a chance to tally my receipts and regroup with my spending.

The train ride to Rome was great. I arrived at Termini Stazione about 3:30pm. Took taxi to my new home for a week, Hotel Vittoria. I stayed in this same hotel in 2005. It is just the same and still very, very nice. The staff was impressed that I had stayed there in 2005. The head desk clerk said he has been there since 1972!

After unpacking and reorganizing I set about to checkout the neighborhood to see how much I remember.  I remember alot. I happened upon Bus 116, one of my favorite little buses that loops through the city.

Tomorrow Pope delivers his last Sunday service.

About stix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.