Existing Member?

Viva Italia 2013

The Duomo February 22, 2013

ITALY | Friday, 22 February 2013 | Views [156]

On my last full day in Siena, I decided to visit the Duomo. Interestingly enough this stucture has never been completed as designed. The plague hit the city in the middle of the 15th century and it just has never been completed. I made my way to the top of-----------------. The view was amazing. The climb was on very tiny curving steps.

I treated myself to lunch at restaurant where Christina's friend Maria worked. I got to sit in a very special table and look out over the plaza where the Palia occurs every July and August. It must be crazy. Today I had pasta with wild boar sauce again and a lovely salad. Yum. Now I get to shop a little. I just love walking on the strrets without cars. Everything is right there just like it has been for a long time. I just love stopping by for a quick cappucino and gelato.

Siena has been very special to me. I never thought I would enjoy it so much. It has been a real surpise and I would definitely like to return.

Will I ever get everything packed?

About stix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.