Existing Member?

Viva Italia 2013

Ah the Sistine Chapel February 25, 2013

ITALY | Monday, 25 February 2013 | Views [132]

Today is a a very special15 year anniversary and I am celebrating by visiting the Sistine Chapel. I was concerned that I might not be able to enter the Chapel because of the possiblity of the Conclave meeting to vote on the Pope.  Fortunately for me I was able to visit the Chaple.  Each time I visit the Sistine Chapel I am completely awed. The paintings are just so beautiful. The people just seem to step out of the ceiling like the slave in captivity stepping out of the marble in Florence. My God, Michelangelo was brilliant. I stood by the altar and looked out over the chapel, to see where all of the bishops will be selecting the new pope in just days. I try to soak in all that I can but it is never enough.

The Vatican is very crowded today so I'll come back another day. Instead I visited some more of my previous digs. First was the cafe' where i got my daily cappucino from Antonio. No more Antonio back the cappucino was great.  I then walked by Tosca's home (my prickly host) and the polizia were there. Who knows what was going on.  As I traveled through Plaza Argentina, I went to the office supply store.  Here I found ink cartridges for my cute little fountain pen that I purchased there 5 years ago. 

I spent the rest of the day familiarizing myself with the bus system again.  It came back to me. To reward myself I treated myself to a tiramisu and cappucino. When I went to pay I found out it was 15E, ridiculous. Damnit I was taken, I should have just stood at the bar. When the waiter told me to sit down I just did, forgetting the price hike to sit at a table. I am going to stop back and complain.

Succes for the day-I found a supermarcarto near my hotel, yea.  They have inexpensive fresh fruit and acqua minerale.

About stix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.