Existing Member?

Viva Italia 2013

Along the Coast February 20, 2013

ITALY | Wednesday, 20 February 2013 | Views [129]

Slept in a bit. Fixed myself breakfast - pasta and fruit from last night's dinner. Had to check out at 11:00 (I'm sure no one else was chcking in, but...). I found a little bus (mostly for locals) which drove up and down the main street, the very steep street.  It did go outside the main village. We dropped off a lady at her stop. Her house was straight down the hill and she went down several steps to get there from the bus.  The view is spectacular.

Hope on the train to next village, Veranza, for lunch. I did venture up to a restaurant atop a mountain-it was closed but great climb. Had a yummy pizza with a group of students from Boston area. They were studying art in Italy with their teacher.  The day was cold and drizzly and most all of the stores are closed so I headed back to Riomaggiore to collect my things and then on to station in La Spezia. La Spezia looks like a nice little town.  I was back on the train at 3:00. The car was freezing because the door didn't shut completely.  Finally looked for a warmer car and found one.  I changed trains in Empoli, another nice village, and then to Siena. Took taxi back to my little home in Siena, Il Chistro del Carmine. There was Davide waiting with a big smile.  He told me that all of my things that I left were in my room (the same room I had before.) Just like coming home.

Christina came by shortly after I arrived. We went to a charming little restaurant for pizza (everywhere is pizza). The view of the city was wonderful.

Early to bed. I am totally exhausted.

About stix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.