Existing Member?

Travels in South America

New York, New York

USA | Saturday, 17 January 2009 | Views [786] | Comments [1]

We left the very hot and humid Brazil behind and flew straight into a freezing, icey cold New York.  When we walked out of the airport and stood by the side of the road for 10 minutes waiting for the bus, I thought my face was going to fall off it was so cold.

So, bus and subway (thanks to the really helpful worker there "I aint got no maps here!")to the hostel, nap and then out to explore.  A very nice pizza in Little Italy, walked through the underwhelming China Town and got the ferry over to the Statue of Liberty.  She's quite a lot smaller than I had imagined but impressive nonetheless.  Then on to the high point of the trip for Dave - the Nicks v. Wizards at Madison Square Garden.

It was a bit of a rush to get there but it was a lot of fun.  We had excellent seats and a few REALLY expensive beers and burgers.  I tried to buy Dave a foam finger thingy but he was having none of that.  The Nicks won, woohoo!

The next day we went shopping and Dave was really, really happy about this.  I made him stand in Victoria's Secret for about an hour and then another hour or so in H&M.  I was pleased with my purchases, Dave was pleased that I was pleased so he didn't have t put up with me being annoyed on top of all the shopping.  I did buy him some trainers though, so I think it was all fair!

We also went to the Empire State Building.  The view was better than I thought it would be, plus we got to watch them trying to keep that plane afloat that crashed into the Hudson River.

Next day we flew home, sad to leave, happy to be going home for a while.  Very much looking forward to the joblesness, homelesness and severe lack of money!

A couple from the Empire State Building

A couple from the Empire State Building

Tags: new york

Comments

1

This is beautiful Sir.
:D

i really want to talk to you because i havent talked to you for a while :(

anyways how was your christmas Sir ?

x

  Alan Jan 23, 2009 11:32 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.