Existing Member?

Travels in South America

OMG!

PERU | Sunday, 31 August 2008 | Views [920] | Comments [1]

Something to not bother trying - Ceviche. Tradtional Peruvian dish consisting of raw (yes, raw) fish marinated in chilli, lime and onion. DISGUSTING!!!!! Also tried a Pisco Sour. Grape brandy, egg whites and sugar. An ok drink. Just as it says, very sour. An update on the dogs in clothes situation. Unfortunately we did not get to take a picture of two dogs we saw. Rest assured, if you had seen them you would have been in pain from all the laughing. One dog was seen wearing a yellow jumper and trousers and also, wait for it... a yellow puffer jacket. Hilarious. Another dog seen out for a walk with its owners, was wearing a nappy. A proper little nappy with a hole for its tail. These people are mental. Today we both went paragliding. Was very, very cool. Strangely once I was harnessed up and everything I wasn't all that scared about jumping off of a huge cliff with a stranger strapped to my back and nothing but a piece of material between me and certain death. When we landed I was fine, Dave on the other hand was looking a bit peaky and needed a sit down. I took a video while flying. Click here for a link to YouTube.

Dave paragliding

Dave paragliding

Tags: miraflores, paragliding

Comments

1

OH MY GOD!!!! That video is amazing, it made me feel sick, there were cars under you for fucksake!

  ruth Sep 21, 2008 6:49 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.