Existing Member?

Tribulations of a swiss guy From solo to family travel, or things that happen when you meet the right person on the road. And how we're transmitting the travel bug to our children.

Yet another mean of transportation

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 28 July 2007 | Views [1829] | Comments [1]

Coastal bunker off East Point

Coastal bunker off East Point

After starting my trip in April of last year by a short flight to Istanbul, I alternated means of transportation. First the bus, then the boat or the occasional train. Along the way, I sat on a saddle. Of a horse first, for a few days of pure bliss around lake Son Kol in Kirgizstan. Then it was the much less comfortable one of my bicycle, which took me across Tibet, through the Himalayas, and all the way to south-east Asia. There was even the usual ride on elephant back, or the white water rafting in Thailand. But having my very own motorised vehicle is something totally new to me. And while I was travelling only with my camera, I also inherited all kinds of modern gadgets, like a mobile phone and laptop computer. I became all of a sudden over equipped and I must say the first feeling was: what am I going to do with all of that?

Well, that’s simple. I’m going to get familiar with them, try to remember to drive on the left side of the road, and take you along with me for a little trip through the Northern Territories and West Australia. I’ve got the van for six, and the plan is still vague. And if my experience this far accounts for anything, then it shouldn’t be any more precise. I’ll do as usual, I’ll play it by hear. And I’ll see where it will take me. Ultimately to Perth.

Well, that’s it for today. I’ve got to switch back to the nerd mode and try to get my new toys to work. Together if possible.

Tags: ambassador van, planes trains & automobiles, trains & automobiles

Comments

1

Good luck with your travels & have fun with the van!
We certainly did. Looking forward to your tales from the road!
Cheers,

  stowaway Jul 28, 2007 7:26 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.