Existing Member?

Travelling South America

Chugchilan to Baños

ECUADOR | Friday, 13 September 2013 | Views [1581]

We had amazing time in Chugchilan and then headed west again, with a stopover at Cotopaxi National Park.  We booked into a rather grotty looking roadside hotel, then went for a wander, following Diners Club signs to what we hoped was a nice hotel for a cup of tea and break, only to find an amazing Spanish Hacienda, which expanded on an Inca Ruin.  We got a guided tour of the place and spend the evening in their living room (with log fire and whisky Damian enjoyed), then got the staff minibus to drop us off back at our grotty place.  It was cold and wet, and Damian has just reminded me an annoying bird kept bashing into the window (constantly) thoughout the day and night!  I didn,t notice as my earplugs are excellent, one of my best purchases for the trip!

 

Next day we climbed Cotopaxi which was really high, over 5000m.  I yet again felt Altitude sickness, so stopped at the refuge with some Argentinian friends we made at the grotty hotel, but Damian and the Canadians continued to the Glacier.  The 70 year old Andean Indian guide beat everyone to the top and also trekked a long way to salvage the Glove Damian accidently dropped in the high winds at the top!!!

Next day, on to Baños!

 

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.