Existing Member?

On a Nomadic Food Quest

Holy Cow

INDIA | Thursday, 13 March 2014 | Views [281]

Streets where cows run free and everything you eat contains that kick of chilli! IMG_7669

Calcutta’s busy tea vendors and chaotic traffic displays the real colours of India. Priority lies with the local eats; A paratha menu to excite even the less adventurous – mixed vegetable, meat, cheese and the easily chosen favourite, potato. Dolloped with a cube of butter and eaten along side a hot Masala tea topped with saffron. Found everywhere you go, made fresh and served in little pottery cups. A calcutta and neighboring Bengali signature never falls short –  steamed fish marinated in ground mustard seeds with plenty of olive oil.

IMG_7543

IMG_7557

IMG_7670

Take a walk along the Ganges, where you’ll witness a place of congregation; people  in search for forgiveness of sin and purity by use of the rivers waters.  Enjoy the hussle and bussle of Boi Para (Collegue Street), photo stops at Calcutta’s temples and colonial architecture or spend some time in one of the many churches. Mother Theresa’s house makes any travellers visit to Kolkata feel complete. Just a few doors down, roam inside to experience her wonderful legacy and meet the children who call the orphanage home.

IMG_7683IMG_7678

IMG_7672IMG_7682

Calcutta’s vibrance is found in it’s people; welcoming, jovial and often unpredictably funny. Exploration of such cities only open our eyes to both of lifes wonders and woes.

About souksafari

Proud as punch!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.