Existing Member?

Sorkoo Adventures

Temples and more temples - Angkor Wat

CAMBODIA | Friday, 18 August 2017 | Views [365]

There are only two words to describe our trip to Angkor Wat; amazing and hot!! We set out around 8am with our tuk tuk driver to see the largest religious space in the world. It was clear early on that it was going to be a hot day. But as we turned the corner of the moat surrounding Angkor Wat, the heat was forgotten. The temple of Angkor Wat is huge and you just have to wonder how they built such a structure centuries ago. By the time we arrived, the site was already crowded with visitors. At some points in the day the amount of people was just too much. We did our best not to let the crowds nor the heat ruin our experience. 

We spent the whole day walking, climbing and driving along the ancient ruins that make up the Angkor Wat historic site. There are more buildings than you can see in a day but our guide took us to the highlights.

~ Angkor Wat - the worlds' largest religious building 

~ Angkor Thom - the last great capital of the Khmer empire

~ Banyon - the temple of many faces

~ Ta Prohm - the temple where nature has taken over

~ Banteay Kdel - a smaller temple in ruins

~ Sara Srang - the royal bathing pond

~ A number of smaller temples and ruins

 

 Each place we visited was beautiful in its own way. Just take a look at our album!

There are more temples than can be seen in one day. But by the end of our busy day, we were hot and a bit templed out. We were glad that we only purchased the one day pass. The rest of our time in Siem Reap was spent relaxing with cheap massages, cheap beer and walking the night market. We had an amazing time in Siem Reap.

Tags: temples

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.