Existing Member?

Sorkoo Adventures

Beach time in Vietnam

VIETNAM | Thursday, 10 August 2017 | Views [360]

Our last stop in Vietnam was for relaxing. We flew to the island of Phú Quoc for sun and sand. We opted to stay further up the island away from the hustle and bustle of the main beach. Our hotel had a nice pool, provided free bicycles and included the most amazing breakfast. Omelet, pho, bacon and eggs, passion fruit!!! It was incredible. We biked to Ong Lang Beach where we rented lounge chairs and umbrellas and marveled at the fact that we were the only ones on the beach. The second day we rented a scooter and headed to Sao beach. This beach was an hour away on the other side of the island. While this beach was more crowded, the sand was white and the water was clear.

Sadly, all the beaches we visited in Vietnam were a bit dirty. Plastic bags and bottles floated in the water. Garbage littered areas in the sand. Pollution clearly isn't a primary concern for a developing country. While it didn't ruin our beach trips, the pollution left us heavy-hearted.

The best part about Phú Quoc was the Noname Grill located around the corner from our hotel. We selected our fish, meats or veggie to be grilled, the food was weighed and thrown right onto the charcoal grill. The octopus and corn was delish and the beers were cheap. 50 cents :) We ate at the Noname Grill both nights in Phú Quoc and we absolutely loved it. A couple of days on the beach were just what we needed before continuing on our journey.

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.