Existing Member?

Sorkoo Adventures

Aloha from Hawai'i

USA | Tuesday, 6 June 2017 | Views [824]

What an amazing 5 days so far in Oahu. We're so lucky to have met Donna and Skip. They have been gracious hosts without even being here. The cats, the beautiful house, the suggestions around the island, we couldn't have asked for more. They're off to see Harrison for a couple of weeks so we're here by ourselves and they even left us the keys to the car. Thank you, Donna and Skip, so very much!

Thursday was our first day and we decided to see Waikiki. It was absolutely beautiful but a bit too crowded for our liking so we drove off in search for poke. Every view on that first drive was so beautiful. Driving around Oahu became one of my favorite things to do here and led to us most of our favorite beaches and trails. Seriously, you can just drive around and find the most amazing places, crowd free!

While our favorite activities have been the hidden hikes and the local beaches we still had to check the Oahu musts off our lists. We visited Pearl Harbor, climbed Diamond Head Crater, explored the North Shore, watched the sun set at Sunset Beach and hiked the Makapu'u light house trail. We've had beer at Kona Brewery, enjoyed Shave Ice, ate shrimp from a truck and drank straight from a coconut! 

I feel like we've done so much yet there's so much more to see. Every day has been so similar yet so different. The weather, the water, the sand is all becoming familiar but the different towns, the different beaches, and the countless of trails makes it exciting. We only have 3 days left in Oahu and we're looking to make the most out of them. I'm excited to see the Big Island and even more excited to see Japan. But for now, time to soak in Oahu. 

Tags: beaches, food, hiking

 
 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.