Existing Member?

2 Girls, 2 Backpacks, 1 Adventure of a Lifetime

Ash and Soph's Survival Guide for Anzac Day

TURKEY | Tuesday, 1 May 2012 | Views [762]

1. Bring a sleeping bag. Just do it. It's colder than you think it will be, and impossible to find one in Istanbul.

2. Failing that, be ruthless in your choice of friendships made on the commute to Gallipoli. Target those with large sleeping those with large sleeping bags or blankets. Never underestimate the power of body warmth (and don't be afraid to get your spoon on).

3. Bring or prepare Aussie themed queue games, as its a long day of waiting.

4. Bring plenty of snacks. While the cry of "kebab, kebab, kebab" is tempting at 5 in the morning after a long night, it's not worth the stomach ache, or the price you will pay.

5. Don't try to sneak drinks in. You don't need them, and if you get caught its a long cold night on your own outside anzac cove.

6. Wake up early enough to get a good view of the Dawn Service, and Julia if you're lucky enough.

7. Bring tissues.

8. Do expect long walks after a sleepless nights, but beautiful views and the great vibe will get you through.

9. It's all worth it the moment that dawn breaks.

Tags: anzac day

About sophv


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.