Existing Member?

A mini adventure!

Cool attractions

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 12 February 2009 | Views [532] | Comments [1]

Today after having sussed out some places yesterday, me and my travel buddy Pete went up to the Sydney Aquarium which is pretty impressive. They have all the native marine animals found around the oceans of Australia, we went to wildlife world which also has a host of interesting wildlife from mammals to invertebrates and reptiles all native to Australia. We then headed over to the Sydney tower after walking around for about an hour looking for the entrance to the damn place! After arriving we had some impressive views of sydney [photos to be added]. Then we followed the recommendation of the Lonely planet guide and headed up to Watson bay for what is said to be the greatest fish and chips in Sydney! it's a place which catches fresh fish from the bay so yeah it's certainly the best fish and chips I have ever eaten. Unfortunately we didn't realise how far Watsons bay is from sydney! by taxi it's about fifteen mins but it clocked up a pricey fare! Our second surprise was how swanky this place was. In our heads we imagined it to be a fish and chip shop take away like you get back in England and it turned out to be a fancy Restaurant with very fancy prices! The place was called 'Doyles on the beach' and it worked out about 20 quid! not including the drinks! I had a fish called 'Flathead' and it was really good similar to cod but tastier. Anyway we settled the bill and this time proceeded to a bus stop for a nice little journey around town back to port jackson for a nice walk back. Unfortunately again we find the road we need and end up walking in the complete opposite direction! after about 30 minutes of walking and realising we don't recognise any of the shops we decide to turn back and check a map! we finally made it back and went for a few beers whilst sitting outside. Suddenly out of nowhere came what seemed like a tropical monsoon! it just bursted out with heavy rain! by this point i am knackered and I head back to the hostel to rest, the amount of walking we are doing is heavy going. I had my first normal days sleep today getting up at a normal time of 9:00 rather than 5AM and encountering my first decent day. Another productive day in sydney!

Tags: doyle, doyles on the beach, sydney, sydney aquarium, sydney tower, wildlife world

Comments

1

Sounds like your enjoying yourself mate. Loved the story about the trip to the airport. very funny. 9am's a bit early for you isn't it you don't normally surface till 11. speak to you soon

  Sven Feb 13, 2009 12:35 AM

About smorg


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.