Existing Member?

The Forging Ear

Curly and the ex-pat moto gang

THAILAND | Friday, 23 June 2006 | Views [2069] | Comments [1]

Ko Chang. A dream island where international best friends meet to drink, eat, and swim. Oh, and we mustn't forget--drive. We had a gang of 7: Eric, Anna and Tamara, the ethno-botonists; Paul, the political philospher and his wife Jessica, the IR Queen of mosquito killing; and B and I. We stayed in bungalows on the beach and lived like hedonists with one week to live. Our days involved getting up before 10:30 to catch the breakfast buffet at the restaurant, swim, have hermit crab races on the beach, hop on the motos to the next beach, repeat, eat amazing seafood lunches and play frisbee with the local dogs. We would vary the afternoons with massages, hikes to the waterfalls, naps, and more swimming. Evenings were all about karaoke and late night beer Changs on the bungalow veranda playing dice games and feeding Big Mama and Curly (our favourite dogs) lobster flavoured potato chips.

It was all fun and games until Big Mama bit Paul. The owner and manager of our bungalows said that they got their rabies shots regularily but to be safe Paul took a trip to the hospital on the other side of the island to get his vaccine. A brief glitch in the otherwise perfect week of sun and surf.

Naomi

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

hi naomi, my name is craig and im from scotlang...was reading your jounal just now so funny, infact me and 3 other friends are traveling for a year starting in october so was just curious if i could ask a couple of questions as were heading to thailand first. just questions like how much are the scooters to hire, is it as cheap as ive been told for the cost of living and that, also is there entertainment at night time for the boys. should i wait and buy things there cause i hear its that cheap? general things like that!! cant wait to go, and reading blogs like yours makes it even more exciting keep up the good work, hope to hear from you guys soon and enjoy the rest of your traveling days craig.

  Craig Aug 5, 2006 6:50 AM

About smelt_and_gizzard


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.