Existing Member?

On the Road to Adventure How can we call this place earth, when clearly it is ocean..

A sydneysider..

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 16 December 2008 | Views [478]

well havent i been a busy little bee over the last few days.. admittedly i did spend the first few days doing very little other than getting my bearings of the city...

i cant remember what i had been doing in the last blog so forgive any repetition.. 

on fridy i took a ferry down to watsons bay and had some lovely fish and chips, supposedly the best in sydney, and they were that good that they could have been, i had a little wander around watsons bay with the intention of going for a walk round to one of the other bays to get the ferry back, however the weather thwarted my plans with a huge rain storm and after getting throughly soaked i gave up and headed for home and a day spent on the sofa looking at the rain pouring down and watching silly films whilst getting over the last of my jet lag.

We compensated for this on saturdy with a ram packed day, starting off with a few hours wandering around Glebe markets, they were heaven but i managed to restrain myself to only purchasing a few small items ans not the chest of drawers and huge photoframe that i really wanted, and compfrted myself with getting the stall holders cards so i can mail them in once im rich. We then went down to the Rocks and wandered around the Rocks markets for a while with a lot of posh touristy stuff and then had pancakes on the rock... scrumptious... we then missioned off to bondi junction shopping centre for a few hours wandering around there and then had a drink up at the "food court" which had beautiful views over the harbour, not your usual shopping centre food court thats for sure.  After a few hours there we came back for Carols in the Park accompanied by several bottles of wine, dips and cheese and lots and lots of silliness from me and Kate...

After nursing my hangvoer for several hours on sunday morning, i moved across to my hostel and then disappeared off to Bondi beach for a few hours chilling in the sun. Once i got back i discovered that the hostel is primarily occupied by chinese people who dont speak english, so no prospective wanderers for me there. 

Yesterday another busy day, i went down to the fish markets, wandered around darling harbour, walked across pyremount bride the worlds ever first electric swing bridge, and then to the aquarium. where i was totally awestruck by the sharks and decided my mission in life is too see as many types of sharks as possible. 

Today i lounged on the beach at Manly, and was going to do the sydney walk but decided walking 10km was far to much effort and resumed lounging on the beach. 

Tomorrow i learn to surf.. wahooo! 

About smelix


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.