Existing Member?

Cindy&Brian Travels It is our time

Berlin July 3-4

SPAIN | Thursday, 4 July 2013 | Views [233]

July 3 was a lazy day did some catching up after several days of traveling and sight seeing. Mailed some postcards. Cindy worked on our renovtion project for our new house in Arizona. Went out fr a nice lunch @ the Dreigut restaurant a very nice local German spot. Food was excellant and the company even better. After lunch went to a pastery shop and opicked up a couple of decadent deserts that we brought back to the apartment. Had dinner in and watched what was happening in Egypt. Planning to head to Museum Islant today to visit some " guess" .. museums...

Julyb 4th ... got started about 10 am today.. A little overcast but not to bad. Nice for walking. Took the subway to the Topography of Terror- 1987 first exhibits ( site were the Gastapo and SS HQs) and exhibit about the reign of terror the Nazis and Hitlers gang levied on unions, Jews, gays etc. A very somber sight adjacent to the Berlin Wall.

From there we went to Museum Island and visited the Pergamon Museum on museum Island where there are 5 museums . We visited only the Pergamon which they say is the most visited. It was built by Alfred Messel between 1910 and 1930. It is really 3 museums in one including a Collection of classical antiquities, the Mueseum of the Ancient Near East and the Museum of Islamic Art. 

We then headed to lunch as we were quite hungry...followed by taking the subway back to the apartment. Spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing , a bit of a snooze and now getting ready for dinner. Cindy just made a snack...popcorn in the microwave. The Citadines Apartment Hotel is very good with a full kitchen so we can eat in from time to time.. saves some money and is very convenient when we don't want to go out after a busy sight seeing day. We are away for 4 1/2 months so it feels more like home when we can stay in sometimes and just have something to eat  and watch tv. Tomorrow is ou second last day in Berlin and we are not sure what we are going to do. The is another museum (History of Berlin) close by which is supposed to be good so we might do that. Who knows.. willl see how we feel. We head to Dresden o  oute by train to Prague on Saturday about noon....

Topography of Terror .. former location of the German SS police.. next to the Berlin Wall

Topography of Terror .. former location of the German SS police.. next to the Berlin Wall

About skipper1949


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.