Existing Member?

Postcards from the Parents.. Time together- museums, culture and food!

Back to Beijing

CHINA | Saturday, 27 October 2012 | Views [352]

Oh we both slept badly on the train.  Not sure why as we had less people in the cabin (only two double bunks) and we could close the door to block out some of the smoke. The toilet situation was a little bit better too. However we both slept fitfully and were so pleased to see an end to the journey. The train was running late, so we were very glad we weren't trying to catch flights out today. Even gladder when we then waited an hour and a half in the taxi queue. Pretty tired and running on empty by the time we hopped into our taxi.

Taxi driver did an excellent job finding our hotel however which was great. It's a hotel based around a series of courtyards and modeled on an Imperial style. Feels very authentically Chinese.

It's looking very unlikely we'll make it to see the Great Wall today. Showers, a rest and some food being the order of the day instead. Have just had lunch in the Western restaurant, all by ourselves in an enormous underground space.  Not our most adventuress day so far really, but a much needed one.

About sjgordo22


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.