Existing Member?

Postcards from the Parents.. Time together- museums, culture and food!

Travel Day

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 20 July 2017 | Views [515] | Comments [4]

We got off to a great start on the train- so caught up in looking at cars to buy that we sailed past Wynyard and changed trains at Central instead- still caught the same train but we were thinking we'll need to pay more attention to stations over the next couple of weeks!

Very straightforward at the airport (though Andrew thought that he'd forgotten to bring the laptop charger, so we spent some time in JB Hi Fi). All is well- packed in our checked baggage instead. Had to give up Andrew's travel deoderant at security (too big) so we were hoping not to stink too much as a result.

Completed most of the remaining tasks on our lists right up until we boarded the plane, met our seatmate (a young German rock climber-Kai) and settled in for Flight 1. Very much caught up on our movie watching (finally saw La La Land), and had a trouble free trip to Hanoi. Kai told us an awful story about a flight where the girl next to him had a DVT, so we tried to walk around as much as possible!

Onto transit at Hanoi where we discovered that our plane walking hadn't been enough to prevent 'fat ankle syndrome' for Andrew- we walked laps of the airport to get the fluid draining, considered the massage chair and drank as much water as we could manage. Pretty tired by the time we boarded the next flight- Andrew slept from almost the moment we got on and we tried to settle in to comfy positions. Gave up aorud the 7 hour mark and watched movies instead- big girls I watched 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'. I'm hoping the book wasn't as scary as the movie....

Disembarked directly on the tarmac once we arrived, then some vey stringent security off the shuttle bus and into the airport. Super quick bag pick up and then waited for our hotel shuttle (after a few false attempts in calling the local number to meet the driver). A small taste of Paris morning traffic as we drove through the early morning streets, getting lots of tips from our driver about where to eat ('for not much money and to be very full') and discussing the Paris St Germain football team (thanks Eth for training us up in these conversations).

Arrived and settled in to our hotel room- 'fat ankle sydrome' for both of us by now, so we put our feet up for a bit, showered and planned our first day in Paris. Lovely to hear that you're all going well at home kidlets.

(photos to come when internet connection allows)

Comments

1

Wow!! What a time trying to get to Paris, having adventures in and out of Paris. Did dad stink that much because of no deodorant?💗💗💗

  Chops Jul 20, 2017 7:19 PM

2

Hi mum and dad, what has been your favourite thing in Paris so far? What did you talk about with the taxi driver about Paris St Germain? Missing you so much , Ethan 💗⚽️

  Soccer star 13 Jul 20, 2017 7:28 PM

3

So lucky mum, I want to see it to (even though I haven't finished the book!!)😂 Have fun in Paris!! Looking forward to seeing your next blog!!
❣️
Xoxo

  Lulu🌹 Jul 20, 2017 7:45 PM

4

By it I meant mrs peregrines home for peculiar children.

  Lulu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 PM

About sjgordo22


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.