Existing Member?

Steve & Helen's Great Escape

Auckland

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 16 May 2011 | Views [282] | Comments [1]

Finally got here safely - although the flight was a bit stressful as you can imagine.  No airline food for me!


After turning up and realising that we did not have a clue where we were staying- this is the second time for us, we managed to eventually track down the wotif booking and proceeded to our hotel.  As per usual we had the typical taxi driver, looking to rip us off at any opportunity.  The best bit was the driving past the hotel twice, was not happy, and as you can imagine I demanded that he stopped the meter, which  he said yes for the meter to keep ticking over, I was not impressed.

Auckland is cold, bit like England really, bit of drizzle but not letting that dampen the spirits.  Ended up going up Skytower today - was good although not having the best head for heights it was not a great experience.  I could not believe that there were people chucking themselves off the tower, mental, although to be honest I think that what everyone in Nz appears to be doing (don't worry mum, I wont!)


Saw the campervan today, was looking forward to spending the next month in it, not quite going to be like home, but hey it is what you are going to make it. 

Anyway I am being told I have 60 secs left so going to sign off.  Hopefully we will be proper travellers the next time I check in, I am already getting the beard going

Steve & Helen

Comments

1

You will have to post a picture of the beard from time to time!

  Macca May 18, 2011 1:35 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.