Existing Member?

Treks Within Reflection – Pausing in the "Here and Now" Adventures

Feliz Anos Neuvo from Aguas Calientes!

PERU | Wednesday, 31 December 2008 | Views [450] | Comments [1]

Hola All! And sending you magnificent and majestic best wishes for a Happy New Year! All 4 of us are sitting in an Internet cafe attending our emails... Sandra and Carolyn were to return to Cuzco early this afternoon to catch the New Year´s Eve celebration there, but due to a mix up with their train tickets, they´ll return later this afternoon and still in time for the festivities. Ben and I are staying one more night before returning to Cuzco.

Today we all 4 returned to Machu Picchu -- early this morning, Carolyn and Sandra hiked to Wayna Picchu -- a mountain top that overlooks MP. I´ve definitely had my fill of heavy-duty hiking and therefore Ben and I both chose to meander throughout MP one more time and stand in awe and wonder at Being there and relishing what our eyes, ears, and minds struggled to take in as there is sooooooooo much Beauty and incredible energy there... Along with masses of people from all the entire world. What a place in time and space to be aware of what´s surrounding you!

Ben and I indulged (why not?)in a buffet lunch -- which was actually splendid -- at the elite Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge (the one where nightly rates begin at $450.00 per night), and exhausted once more, we returned to Aguas Calientes for a nap. Now we´re ready to explore some more and the special treat of spending a few more hours with Carolyn and Sandra while they await their train. (Last night we said our good-byes, which was really emotional for me! So is grand to have a few more moments of their presence...)

We´ll await and see what celebration traditions occur here though we´ve not heard of anything special. So we´ll celebrate in our own special, private way... Tomorrow we´re back to Cuzco with plans to visit the Peru´s Challenge Volunteer house to tell everyone good-bye as well as a visit with our Host Family...

So for now, I´ll sign off with Happy New Year Blessings and exquisite Namaste moments for all of us on the incredible place we call Mother Earth! Peace, Love, Joy, and Blessings to each of our Beloved Family and Friends!

Comments

1

And Bonne annee from Southern Utah!

http://www.maximoi200.com/images/cartes/bonne_annee.jpg

  Anne Jan 2, 2009 2:35 AM

About sisocrates_musing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.