Existing Member?

Treks Within Reflection – Pausing in the "Here and Now" Adventures

Thursday Update...

PERU | Friday, 19 December 2008 | Views [504] | Comments [4]

Where to begin... It is absolutely incredible here and I have not nearly enough time to give many details. We are all extremely busy these days working at the project doing various construction projects. I would need a few days just to list all that we've been doing and by day's end, we all return home exhausted and hungry. Whereupon our fantastic host family feed us incredible and fragrant food.We've been working long days and have not been able to do much exploring, but we're planning a tour this weekend in the Sacred Valley, and we're all extremely excited. Ben's been ill, but has seen a doctor today and we're awaiting his remedy. Peru's Challenge has their own doctor that comes to the Volunteer House, so it's very easy to get medical attention. We're all eager for Ben to feel strong and healthy again, and I'm sure he'll miss all the attention he's been acquiring these days couple of days. No worries, it's nothing serious, probably just the typical parasites. 

Does anyone notice I've gained a change in my writing accent? We're around Aussies everyday and their lingo and accents are extremely contagious!

Sandra and Carolyn and doing splendid and we're taking lots of photos. We've nearly given up on uploading photos at this point as we can't find a location that is able to do so, but be assured we'll keep trying.

I must mention that Jane and Selvy are 2 incredible people (they've created Peru's Challenge) and deserve many humanitarian awards! What they've accomplished here is beyond comprehension. More details about that to follow another day.

We've been hearing alot of snipets from various volunteers who have already done the Machu Picchu trek and many forms of advice. We're also receiving great recommendations for things to do, places to visit, restaurants, and etc. It's like having our own private guides!

Meanwhile, I'll sign off for now and ask your patience with updates... It's been difficult to find time to sit and chat... Bear with us!

So signing off with adios and ciao for now! Namaste!

Comments

1

J-gal & Ben;
We just saw on TV that Peru is in the news; a very old city has very recently been uncovered, wish I could remember the name of the city, but it was north of Lima and started with a "Chl....???". Some of the very first road builders there. Is the site of the Nazca Lines anywhere close to you? Big news is that that plateau is very rich in lithium - maybe those amazing symbols & lines are signs for visiting space ships saying "Refuel here"?

Love ya,
Ernie & JoAnn
in Spokane where we just had 2' of snow in ONE day!

  Ernie Buckler Dec 19, 2008 4:52 PM

2

We just found your website and have enjoyed reading everything you've written. Thanks for taking what little spare time you have to share your experiences with us. Continue to have a great time.

  Mom and Dad Gilbert Dec 21, 2008 11:48 AM

3

Dear Jackie and Ben, I enjoyed reading about your adventures. Very sorry to hear that Ben is sick, our thoughts are with him. Since last Wednesday we have had 2 winter storms that have dumped about a foot of snow on us. As Tim is the only one with snowtires he has been ferrying all of us around to our jobs. It has been crazy around here. We are all safe and warm. I think of you often and wish you much love.

  Kimberly Adams Dec 22, 2008 6:45 AM

4

I'll keep healing thoughts flowing Ben's way.

  Anne Dec 22, 2008 8:14 AM

About sisocrates_musing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.